The BigDSSAgro conference is devoted to decision support systems in agriculture, which combine models, databases (Bigdata) and algorithms to support many real-world decision-making problems.
The access to cheap sensor technology, drones, climate data and forecasts, satellite information about soils, humidity and more is provoking a revolution with the irruption of Big Data and opening the door to the development and application of novel optimization and simulation models in Agriculture and the Agri-food industries.
The main question to solve is how to transform the huge amount of data into useful information to decision-makers. Current applications cover a wide range of different areas, from food production or animal welfare to sustainability or climate change impact; and they are expected to still increase in future. The scope of the conference includes findings on established andnew Operations Research, Big Data and Analytics methods ineffective decision-making applications in Agriculture and in the Agri-food industry, including their supply chain, and also problems in Forestry and in Environment studies.
Topics of interest to the conference include, but are not limited to:
- Operational research methods relevant to agriculture, forestry and environment
- Sustainability indicators in agriculture and environment
- Modelling sensor based data to get useful information
- Big Data techniques with potential applications in agriculture
- Optimization and simulation models, including agent based simulation
- Decision support tools based on Big Data and Operational research techniques
- Decision support tools based on GIS and their implications with Big Data
- Economic aspects of adoption of Big Data analytics
- Machine learning
- Support Vector machine
Applications of the above mentioned methods in the following settings:
- Smart farms, sensing applications in agriculture
- Precision agriculture, digital agriculture
- Industrial agriculture
- Small scale farming
- Agri-business supply chain
- Land Use
- Environment studies and environmental protection
Important note: The official language of the conference will be English. Therefore, the works and presentations must be done in this language